Curtains provide many benefits to your home, so why would you want them to be dirty?
From maintaining privacy and keeping the sun out to providing a healthy environment and insulating your home by trapping heat, lowering energy bills, we often underestimate the importance of professional curtain cleaning, so why not use our curtain cleaning service to keep them in the best condition?
You may be thinking of how you can fit in cleaning your curtains every week, but you’ll be pleased to know that washing them too often is actually not the way forward as this can, in fact, damage your curtains by shrinking the material and fading the colour, so it’s best to have them professionally dry-cleaned every 3 to 6 months.
However, your curtains may require more frequent cleaning if any of the following applies to your household:
- If you or someone in your household suffers from allergies it’s best to regularly clean curtains as they trap a range of allergy triggers, such as dander, dust, mould, pet hair and pollen.
- If you or anyone living with you smoke cigarettes, cigars or pipes, the particles of these can settle and trap in the material of your curtains, which can lead to them being left with the strong smell of smoke as well as them turning yellow over time. To prevent either of these happening, ensure you let lots of fresh air into your home and clean your curtains every 2 months (or more if possible).
- Living near the sea can be a major issue for your curtains as the salty-sea air can damage your curtain’s material by leaving a think layer of salty grime.
- Linen curtains. These are made from flax fibres. When washed incorrectly, they’re prone to losing crispness or suffering permanent wrinkles.
- Silk curtains. They need the utmost care if you want to maintain their sheen. They often have dyes that bleed easily.
- Woollen curtains. They require care due to them being prone to heavy shrinkage.
- Pleated curtain. They should be professionally cleaned so you don’t permanently damage the pleats.
- Beading or embellished curtains. The decorative trims may not withstand home washing.
- Embroidered or tapestry curtains. The fabrics are delicate leaving them prone to shrinking.
- Stained curtains. If you’re unsure that you’d be able to remove the staindiscolorations with it. Experimenting with different stain removers can actually end up with lasting problems such as discolouration and damage to the material.
If you’re still unsure about the importance of professional curtain cleaning service; we’ll be more than happy to discuss our service with you! Our specialists will visit your location and start right at step one by taking the curtains down for you.
We take the curtains, carry out the cleaning and re-hang them for you. There’s no need for you to lift a finger! Contact us today or see our price list!